Barack Obama Jackass Quotes of the Year - 1
White House Statement (Obama's Mouthpiece When He Doesn't Have the Gall To Say It Himself)
"Today's announcement is the latest in a series of executive actions the Obama administration is taking to strengthen the economy and move forward because we can't wait for Congress to act."
- The "announcement": Obama ordered a $1.5 billion summer-jobs fund, which he hopes will create 180,000 "work opportunities" aimed at hiring youths for summer jobs.
A couple things jumped off the page when reading about this "executive action":
1. If Obama wanted to create a legitimate jobs program he could get it done tomorrow, but instead he chooses to send impossible ideas to Congress. Ideas filled with poison pills, with the sole hope of them failing so he can cry about how the Republicans won't play nice with him. This way he can run for re-election against a so-called 'Do Nothing Congress'...Funny thing is, even his Democrat pals want no part of most of these ridiculous schemes. Which doesn't keep him from hatching them, however.
2. Before the recession began, 2007, the unemployment rate for those 16-24 years of age was 10.7%. After three years of Obama-drama the rate is 16% (officially, it's much higher in reality)...During two of the three years Democrats had massive majorities in the House and Senate. He could have passed any jobs bill he wanted, but he didn't want to, and didn't.
3. $1.5 billion for 180,000 "work opportunities" = $8,333 per 'work opportunity'...That doesn't seem like much of a salary. I can't imagine the 'Occupy' and union crowds are OK with such a paltry salary. What's going on here? How can Obama think he can pay 180,000 workers such a poor rate?
4. Of the 180,000 "work opportunities" this plan is scheduled to create only 70,000 paid positions...Nope, I'm not kidding. Obama is going to create 110,000 non-paid "work opportunities." I guess this is how he's going to pay a more reasonable rate. 70,000 workers will get an average of around $21,000 and 110,000 will get $0.
What a genius idea!!! In fact, I like it so much I'm going to announce my own personal 'jobs plan'. I'm going to call it 'The Pero Work Opportunity Plan' (pretty snazzy, aye)....And I'm going to up the ante. Under my plan, I'm going to offer millions of young people the opportunity to work for me - for free.
Oh, and I'm sure Obama's 110,000 non-paid employees will show up in the official jobs report as 'employed workers', which will drop the unemployment rate...He may as well include my millions, too.
I don't make this stuff up, people.