"My problem with Wal-Mart is that I don’t see any indication that they care about the fate of middle-class people. They talk about paying them $10 an hour. How can you live a middle-class life on that?”
**Slow Joe is a complete jackass, and has no concept of reality.
1. It's not Wal-Mart's responsibility to "care about the fate of middle-class people."
Corporations aren't based on social wants or needs. Corporations are based on production and profit.
2. I don't like shopping at Wal-Mart because it is obnoxiously big, and it drives me crazy walking into a place that sells tomatos and tires........But millions of American consumers seem to love the place. If they didn't, there would be no such thing as Wal-Mart, and surely wouldn't be hundreds of them across the country.
3. Many of the base employees at Wal-Mart are barely worth "$10 an hour"!!! This is reality..........I've been there many times, and the workers are slow, often useless and $10 an hour seems like charity for the lack of work they do (or don't do).
4. If Wal-Mart paid more than it does, many of its employees would be ex-employees........Wal-Mart would do the same work with less employees. This is the most basic economic concept, but one Democrats seem to misunderstand.
5. This isn't a Communist country, and the government has no business sticking it's nose in the private sector wage scale.
6. I AM AN OFFICE MANAGER FOR A PEDIATRICIAN'S OFFICE AND I START MY EMPLOYEES AT $10 PER HOUR, OR LESS!
This is the going rate in the community, and I have no shortage of applicants who would love to have such a job.........I guess Biden wouldn't like me either. GOOD!!**